It took me half an hour to get dressed the other day!
Which is a hell of a lot of wasted time in anyone's book - usually it's two minutes and I'm done. The weather in my neck of the woods is somewhat strange...cold one minute, warm the next so dressing for Spring isn't always easy. I either have a lot of dark Winter clothes or a lot of Summer (40C heat) clothes and not many in between.
So, I rummaged through some old patterns of mine and decided on this top. I made it with some pretty Mary Rose fabric that I have had for a while. (I bought it very cheaply online so to use nearly two yards of it was OK! (It's $26AUD per yard in Australia! OUCH)!
It was an easy pattern to make up (Butterick 3524) and one that I have used a few times. This time around however, I did change a few things - I made the bust line lower (who ever made this pattern up must have had very tiny boobs - not that I have huge ones but a little more room there doesn't hurt), and I added quite a bit of length to it - I like things a bit longer - and I added the lace around the edges.
It's very girly and pretty and I love it!!
What other fabric can I cut into next....?
Kathryn. XX
Hey Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteLove your new top & love Mary Rose fabric, it is just so pretty.I have quite a lot of MR fabrics but I do not suit florals, oh well.
You have got me thinking that I should be doing some sewing for myself, summer is just around the corner.
Have a great weekend.
Lyn xoxoxoxoxoxox
I love the pretty top you made! So cute. :-)
ReplyDeleteIts beautiful. I love Mary Rose fabrics too. Its such a shame it costs so much here, makes it hard to sew clothes from favorite fabrics. Hope you get lots of wear out of it.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a pretty top Kathryn....very feminine too.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kerryanne
How clever are you Kathryn!! Do you mean it only took you half an hour to make? It's so pretty
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more about our crazy weather.
Hi Kathryn.
ReplyDeleteOOHH just popped in from another blog and i'm glad i did....that is beautiful and i love the fabric.
I have to go now,you know what its like when you find a new blog you just have to read back lol,better go and get a drink and get comfy lol.
Love Kristina x
Hi Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteI am just lovng the top you made! Golly gosh you are sooo clever! Have you considered making them to sell in you store?
Hope you have a great weekend.
Sarah xxx
Oh, I love it, what beautiful fabric!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely top - so sweet and it looks so comfortable!
ReplyDeleteCan't find something to wear ~ just make something new! You go girl!
Yes, it's very pretty, fresh and good mine!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful creation, I aodre the fabric. Very Cath Kidston but a snip of the price. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteStephx
Love your top. I have trouble in the boob department too and don't seem to fit into this style when I buy tops. I'm going to look up that pattern. Thankyou. Love your blog too, just discovered it.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteJust visiting from Jodie's blog. I love your new top - gorgeous fabric! Are you going to make one in every colour? I know I would!!
It's lovely to find your blog and I'll make sure I come back :)
xxx
I love that top. I envy your ability to modify patterns. I probably should just give it a go, but something always stops me!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet top - it's a perfect pattern for Mary Rose fabric (which is one of my favorite lines of fabric, especially the soft pastel ones). Love your blog. SuzK
ReplyDelete