▼

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A New Dolly!!

And here she is...."Camille"

I found the embroidered trim whilst rummaging through my stash this morning and I knew it had to be used for a new Matryoshka doll. The trim is VERY vintage - I think I remember having a dress made from it when I was very little!

I made this doll larger than the other ones I have made in the past. The colours are not very "Shabby Cottage" but I thought they went really well with the trim.
She turned out nicely I think!
Kathryn. XX
PS. More on the wreath tomorrow!! It is harder than I thought!!

12 comments:

  1. Camille is just lovely - what a great use for your vintage trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really lovely, the face is beautiful, you clever lady! I love the colours.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your doll! The colours coordinate very well with the trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille is very pretty. I like the colors you chose and the trim is very pretty. I may remember it from my early years. My mom made alot of my dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog--and these dolls. I'm a huge pink/green fan, also. I could add to my bedroom decor with all of the pink/green ideas I've seen on your blog.

    I've got to find the matryoshka doll pattern--it is darling!

    Where did you get yours?

    Thanks,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. She isn't very Shabby Cottage, the colors I mean :), but she is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille is very cute. Maybe not shabby, but we all need a change from our usual work (and clours) occassionally.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from Belgium,
    What lovely stuff you make. I am sure to go and look in your Etsy shop and read some more in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Camille is lovely, and I think the fabric is so adorable. I like the turquoise and red. Very cheery. You did such a good job.

    ReplyDelete