▼

Friday, October 10, 2008

Want to make a Shabby Christmas wreath?

Well, I have finished my first "scrappy fabric" wreath and after lots of tweaking I think it turned out OK.
I have put together a little step by step tutorial if you would like to make one for yourself.
Ok, here goes....

Step 1. Begin by wrapping a long piece of fabric around the wreath to cover it up - you will need more than one piece depending on how big your wreath is - mine is 20cm. (Tip: start with a small wreath!)

Step2. "Cut and Tie"
Cut even strips of fabric about 2cm wide and long enough to wrap around and tie with a double knot - this will obviously depend on how "fat" your wreath is. Tie your knots to the front.
Keep doing this until your fingers start to really hurt with all that tying, but keep going because it will be worth it...
It should look something like this!

Step 3. Add anything you have lying around to jazz it up!
ie. baubles, stars, bells, ribbon, bows, buttons, glitter - let your imagination run wild!
Go on! Have a go - it really wasn't that difficult!
Have fun, but don't blame me if you have sore fingers when you are finished!!

Kathryn.XX

27 comments:

  1. Wow Kathryn, really looks great, cannot wait to get home & make one or two of these up for my home. Many thanks & have a great day.

    Lyn xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is amazing!! Love the pretty mix of fabrics that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath is wonderful! I love the shabby chic look and colors ~ but I'm also seeing some other color options in my head. The possibilities are endless!

    By the way Kathryn ~ Camille is so sweet. I really like the color choices and the trim is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...I'm sort of "blog hopping" tonight and found you. What a beautiful wreath...I just love this!
    Thank you for showing this and how to do it, I might just have to try!

    Blessings,
    ~Tammy (Lattes and Lollipops)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! It would ALSO look really good in the nursery we are making up for my daughters baby due in December~We are doing it all up Shabby Chic-I love going in there. Thank you so much for sharing how you did this-I'm going to make one for the baby's room and then maybe for myself!~♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if that isn't just the cutest idea! I love your fabric choices, and it looks like something I could be successful in doing...might could even get my youngest involved in the fun. Thanks for posting the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty. Thanks for showing how it is done. I'm itching to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really lovely. Thanks for the idea.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that is soooo adorable!! Love the way you say, keep going until your fingers start to really hurt....LOL....anyway I am going to make one. Thanks for sharing this cute wreath!!
    Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Jannet

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUAUUUUUUUUU! It's lovely! I will do one like yours! Thank you for the idea.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for wharing how did those. It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! Looks so lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wreath is gorgeous. The sore fingers will be worth it... off to find a wreath. Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathryn, I love your wreath. I am definitely going to have a go at that. Maybe with my left over reds and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so fun and cute! Thanks for showing us!

    ~ Hearts ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for this, I love it. Can't wait to go buy some fabric and try it.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, :) Just wondering can you tell me how Long are the strips meant to be? :-)
    Thanks
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made a halloween version with, black silk, spiders web material and some black seethrough fabric - WOW - am going to make everyone one for xmas, according to their tastes. Fab project

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just beautiful! Love your colour choices! :-)

    You are one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful! many thanks!!!

    http://justmyebook.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very classy ;-) It's beautiful !!! I love the colors !!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for sharing this, I was wondering how these were made! It's gorgeous. We're now following you and invite you to follow us!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Love the ornament touch you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Linda sua guirlanda!
    cores tão delicadas... romãnticas diria.
    Obrigada por compartir
    Beijos
    Cláu

    ReplyDelete