Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The cutest little purse EVER!!!

Yesterday I completed testing Nikki's new pattern for the "Barrel Purse" and I have to say it is the cutest little purse I have ever seen! Nikki has a real talent for design and this little purse is no exception. If you haven't seen Nikki's talents pop over to her blog for more information on her patterns and supplies.
I use my favourite Cath Kidston Faded Flowers cotton duck fabric.
Now, these little delights were a gift from Sue from The Vintage Garden/Bear Hugs. She very kindly purchased some cushions from me and when I delivered them to her she presented me with a beautiful selection of cupcakes from the Vintage Gardens' cafe "Cupcake Cafe".
Thank you Sue, they were delicious!!! An argument errupted over the puppy dog one at the back!

When we were up at the house last weekend, the boys did their usual hunt around for interesting objects left behind by the builders. This particular day was decidedly fruitful. In amongst the rubbish pile, Master 6 spotted something purple in colour with a 5 on it.
Yes, it was a $5 note! He thought all his dreams had come true at once! He did me proud by wanting to share it with his brother too.
So on the way home we stopped in at "Chocolato" in Buninyong (the best place for all things chocolate and a great cup of coffee) so that the boys could spend their fortune!
I think they chose very well indeed - a huge bag of cherry ripe off cuts for exactly $5.
The house is quite now they are back at school. I am glad, but the early mornings are a shock to the system again!
Kathryn. XX

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little change purse. Very sweet. The cupcakes too. I'm in a snacking way now!

Antique Rose Designs said...

Love the little purse might have to make one for my loose change. Thank god the kids are back at school I had enough by Saturday it's so quiet and peaceful here. Have a great week. Carol

CurlyPops said...

Oooh it's gorgeous in that fabric! I'm drooling over those cherry ripes...Buninyong may be included in my next road trip to Clunes!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Cute purse!!

The boys obviously have good taste and a great eye for a bargain. I'd say that was $5 well spent. mmmm... cherry ripes.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne

ittybittyandpretty said...

my daughter recently found $5 and we did a hoopla dance!!! she was so excited we raced straight over to her grandads for another dance.
aint those early starts the pits??
cute purse, smooches

blushing rose said...

What a darling purse. Love that fabric. TTFN ~Marydon

Nikki said...

It does look super-cute, Kathryn. You really did a wonderful job on it. Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

That little purse is so cute !

LoloDesigns said...

That is a lovely cute purse. Your boys do you proud, wanting to share with each other, that is a great thing to have. xx

LADY BEVERLY said...

What is really funny - is that when I looked at the cupcakes, I didn't know if they were real or not! Everyone does such wonderful work, that you can't tell sometimes.

Lovely purse also! Great work!

Happy Day

Bev

NoƩmia said...

It's realy a lovely purse!
And you are a lucky girl, yummi,yummi, what a delicious cupcakes!
I imagine the joy of your son foundin the money and spend it with chocolates! :)

Unknown said...

That is cute and I am very impressed! :)

Unknown said...

That little purse is very cute. I'm impressed! :)

Violetka said...

I love it! Your purce is so cute :)

Annie said...

Love that little purse, and of course the fabric!! Missed you last night - did you say chocolate and coffee perhaps we could meet there sometime.

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

Kathryn...

I LOVE the purse..its so cute!!! you have done a beautiful job..and the fabric is gorgeous...
Popped over to have a peek at Nikkis's blog and she certainly does some GREAT stuff!
Aren't the cupcakes yummy! and the cushions that Sue purchased are just beautiful!!!

Glenda xxx

Julia said...

That little purse is adorable. The cupcakes and chocolate are making me hungry!

marie said...

That purse is the cutest thing!! I'm going to check out Nikki's website right away! Love the cupcakes too ~ yummy!

Good job to the boys on their wonderful purchase and what a sweet boy Master 6 was to share.

My Humble little Nest. said...

Hi Kathryn, I have just been on the phone to Natasha [Burns], good grief that woman can talk heehee, She suggested i have a look at your Blog and Website, Very VERY Beautiful , i must say.
I have just joined Natasha's 'Revamp It' and have no idea where to start, i have never done this before,scary...
I have my own website, and very neglected blog, never enough time, any how, i am in Ballarat,Sebas. to be exact, and it;s great to meet a 'neighbour', love to keep in touch with you, if thats okay.
Cheers for now...Carilyn.