As I mentioned yesterday I have had a lot of fun recovering a very boring old lampshade that I purchased at the oppy for $12.95 complete with base as well.
Before the cover was a satin back shantung in a yucky greeny goldy colour.
So, I set to work ripping off the old cover and replacing it with a gorgeous Laura Ashley print that I purchased from the USA last year. I have yards of this fabric (bought on ebay for an absolute bargain), so I will make some cushions to go with it too, eventually.
I began by making a template for each side with paper then I fussy cut out 6 bits of fabric, then glued them on with craft glue - I think it was the Spotlight brand - love it, very strong.
Then I added the braid along the side edges of the fabric first, then along the top and bottom to cover any raw edges.
I also added braid to the inside top and bottom to cover any bits of fabric and any mess from the previous cover! I think it turned out pretty well and for the sum of $40 including all fabric and braids etc...not bad at all!