Saturday, August 7, 2010

The week that flew by.....

I don't normally post on the weekend but I find myself having to play catch up today. This week has just flown by at an alarming rate. Maybe because I've had Hubs home with me all week? This week was his first week working from home, for himself, he's his own boss with only himself to answer to. Gosh, he has been a happy camper this week!!!!!
I haven't seen him much, he is up one end of the house (upstairs too) and I am at the other end. We planned it that way and it's working out very well.....so far.
Anyway, what I have I been up to all week..? Well, I decided to give one of the Burda patterns (7798) a go with some cheap fabric. I made the top version instead of the dress. I do want to make the dress for summer but I thought I'd check the sizing first before I chop into 2.5metres of fabric!
This was the result and I love it, it is really cute. It is a little firm across the bust and I will increase the size for the dress. I made a 12 but I think a 14 would have been more comfy.
It has a fabric bias binding for the neck and armholes and lovely topstitching details along with a zipper down the back seam. It was really easy to make and quick!
"The Princess Cushion"
And I have been making things for the "Buninyong Makers Market" which is going ahead! Yeah for Buninyong. If you would like more information about the market or to enquire about having a stall you can contact Kylie from Blue Ginger Designs.
"The Handbag Doorstop"
loads of them!
And the Dolls seem to have multiplied as well!
Kylie will be starting a blog, to follow, about the market so when I have those details I'll post them up here too.
Thanks for popping by and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Kathryn. XX

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Kathryn I love your new top and of course all your pretties ! Congratulations also to your husband on his new place of employment , good for him !

CurlyPops said...

I really love the style of that top - looks like the perfect style for a nice cool summery fabric.
I might see you at Buningyong!

Country Cottage Chic said...

You have been productive! Love the dolls - bet they sell like hot cakes.

Jayne

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh boy, your stall will look amazing!!! have fun and i hope you sell the lot ;)
top looks fab.
xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful top!! I was thinking about trying my hand at making my own tops as well. I've not been a clothes maker in the past but I suppose I could learn a new trick eh? I especially want to make my own as I get hot flashes something awful with meds and meno so I don't like sleves all that well. Easier to put on clothes than take off. Love your doorstops. Hugs. Tazzy

LoloDesigns said...

Every girl should have one of your Princess cushions, including grown up Princesses!

Peeing down with rain here in UK so am catching up computer things which tend to get neglected over the summer.

keep well. xx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

That certainly was a productive week Kathryn. I'm glad it is working out well with you both working from home. Do you and hubby get together for lunch?
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Jeni said...

love the style of that top
and your dolls are so cute
do you sell them

Jodie said...

Great news about your DH!!! I bet he has a whole new lease on life now that he is working for himself...
The top looks divine!!! Can't wait to see the dress version..

Hugs - Jodie :)

Judith Tetley said...

Lovely work as always Katherine. I notice on your doorstops that you have a nice label....did you buy those on-line?
Kind REgards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com