Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hubby had a bright idea!

After I made my little HOOT HOOT owl a few weeks ago for my Etsy shop, my husband came home and suggested I make a penguin.....

So, after some thought and searching some images in Google I found this photo of a mother and baby and couldn't resist.
It's always nice to have an idea, try to follow it through and hopefully have it turn out alright.
Well this is how far I have come...

The photo from Google...



Some sketches....



Transforming the sketches to a pattern then cutting out....



I have sewn most of the front, now I have to make some feet and sew on some yellow....



Then last night at about 9.30 I had an idea.. I would make a set of three Matryoshkas to match one another in different sizes, just like a real Russian set. I have only cut them out. So today I shall attempt to have them finsihed so I can show you tomorrow..


Kathryn.


3 comments:

Jodie said...

Awesome ! Its great to see someones creative process. I am nearlt there with the adding to my list - man i read a lot of blogs !!!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

How sweet! I love them! You are such a clever gal, and 2 thumbs up to your hubby for the penguin idea!

Shann x

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Loving your blog,you are sooo creative i just love those russian dolls you made.And speaking of someone whose cats are NOT spoilt either i love the quilt.