Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You have to start somewhere!

Well, it's true - you have to start somewhere! This is the first blog post of many to come......
I have just closed my Ebay store after 3 years and it's time to move on. I have been so busy lately trying to get my website finished so that all of my loyal customers will have somewhere to buy my goodies. I am on Etsy as well but only with a limited amount of stock.

Thank you to those who have found me on Etsy already :)

As well as sewing my little heart out my husband has been teaching me how to use the programme that will run my website. It has been hard going and he has been very patient let me tell you! As well as being a Draughtsman by trade he also does web programming so he is the master behind it all. I just tell him what I want and somehow he magically does it. A friend recently asked him "Yes, but how do you KNOW how to do it?". She, like many, have found it perplexing to know that a famer's son, draughtsman and country boy knows how to do these things. He is self taught by the way, never studied computers but he is an expert! Oh, and very handy to have a round!



We have had a beautiful long weekend. Thanks to the Queen for letting us have a day off for her birthday even though her actual birthday is not in June! We packed up the car and headed to my Grandmother - 4 hours away. It had been over 12 months since we had all seen her. She is 86 and amazingly fit and very healthy. She has a busier social life than I do! She goes to excercise classes, lifts weights, has been a member of the CWA for over 50 years, has collected for the Royual children's Hospital (Melbourne) for over 30 years, still drives and makes the best soup you can possibly imagine!



She lives at the foot of a hill/mountain called "Saddleback" which I used to climb every time my parents took me over to visit. It's a tradition that was pushed to the wayside until recently. My husband, myself, our two boys and my cousin set off the afternoon we arrived after a hearty lunch. It only took us an half an hour to reach the "summit". It was a beautiful day and you could see for miles. The boys thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought my little one (5) would complain about being tired but no!! I'm sure everytime we go now, they will want to do it again.

The worst thing about going away - even for a couple of days - is the washing. I hate it and that's what I'm off to do right now. XXOO

No comments: