Friday, August 8, 2008

"I do"....ten years ago

Gosh, it seems like yesterday when we said our "I do's" to one another.
At 11am this morning we will have been married for ten years.
My father in law said, last night, that it was half a life sentence...He has been married for 40 years mind you.. what would you call that?
Total commitment.

Oh, so happy... we still are..gulp!
(where are the tissues?)
This photo was taken in my old school. I love the tiled floor. Does anyone recognise it?

Because it was Winter I went with velvet and fur trim for the collar and cuffs. Simple - no lace (apart from my Mum's veil), no beads, no bare shoulders! I think I was the warmest person there!!

The tradition for our anniversary is to have a weekend away on our own. So, this weekend we are off to the swanky Langham Hotel in Melbourne for some pampering, shopping, yummy food and of course each others company.
I love you Hubby. XXX
Kathryn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!! I hope you have a wonderful time away!!
Hugs
mandii

trash said...

Have a great time in Melbourne.

Natasha Burns said...

Hope you have a great weekend, and happy anniversary! Your wedding dress is just PERFECT, so sweet, especially for Winter. My mum had one very similar in 1970 and it is so chic and lovely even today. We also got married in 1998 (november)!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hey Kathryn

I know we already emailed but i was showing a friend your blog wedding pics and i wanted to say you both looked so gorgeous and i hope you guys are having the BEST weekend!

Love Shann x

496daryl said...

iT IS SO LOVELY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE BOTH STILL IN LOVE SO MUCH. oNCE YOU FIND YOUR SOUL MATE IT IS LIFE HAS JUST STARTED. LOVE TO YOU BOTH. AS DARYL AND I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT EACH OTHER AND I COULD NOT HAVE GOT AS FAR AS I HAVE WITH OUT HIM.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND MANY MORE YEARS TO COME
LUV LYNDA

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary!

jeanette said...

Happy anniversary

Annie said...

congrats on 10 years, and have a great weekend away.

Jodie said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Your dress was/is beautiful... DH and I celebrate 3 years of wedded bliss in 3 weeks. I'm more in love with him today than ever before... I hope I still feel the same when we reach the 10 year mark like you and your DH (I'm sure I will). I hope you had a fantastic weekend away.

Jodie :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pictures are beautiful - and you know what - I love the simple wedding dress that is timeless and elegant. You looked beautiful. May the next 10 years be blessed beyond your wildest dreams!

rachelmp said...

Lovely photo's Katherine. Our 10 year anniversary is in October. It just goes so quickly. My dress was not as warm as yours though!