Thursday, October 30, 2008

A great swap and more bags.....

I haven't joined a swap for a while and thought I would give another one a go as I really enjoyed my first swap (LInda's bag/bucket swap).
They are lots of fun and you get to meet some wonderful bloggers with similar interests. Anyway, I have just joined "The Challenge in a bag mini quilt swap".
It sounds like fun. You organise a bag of fabric and embellishments, send it to your partner, then they have to create a mini quilt for you using at least a bit of every piece you put in the bag!!
Signups end on Saturday the 1st November and you have until January to mail it out.
Go on join in!!!

I thought I had better restock my supply of tote/bag sets in Our Shabby Cottage this week.
I was inspired by Hen recently when she made some gorgeous bags with her Cath Kidston fabric.
I love the red one at the back - it is made with Cath Kidston's "Classic Rose".
I think I will have to make one for myself for Christmas!! Perfect for the party season!!!
Anyway, I'm off to see a lady about a horse today - more on that tomorrow.....
Kathryn. XX

3 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hhmmm...the red one sure is nice but I loooove the bag in the middle.
Beautiful as always Kathryn.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Janellybelly said...

Hi Kathryn
I managed to find your blog whilst skipping around reading others - so glad I did! Just love the tote/bag sets & the Matryoshka's
Blessings
Janelle xx

Stina Blomgren said...

The bags are wonderful...and perfect....o)