Thursday, March 11, 2010

London, Paris, New York.....

After seeing this post on Andrea's blog, at "The Pink Poodle", I felt so inspired to create something for hubs and I to hang on our wall to reminisce about our travels and the places we have been. I haven't finished it yet as it needs the gaps filling and varnishing.
I wanted to do the places we have both been in bigger letters and the places we have been individually in smaller letters. I shall show you when I have finished!
Thank you to Andrea for the inspiration!
I mixed up the right shade of red I was after then added a little squirt of black which I didn't quite mix in to give an uneven effect when rolled on.
I was after an aged, left on a building wall for a while look. What do you think?
Master 9 told me yesterday that is is getting rather cold in the mornings now and that he would like a new dressing gown. We dragged ourselves off to Big W yesterday to have a look.....$35.00 each...."No way am I spending that much on a dressing gown. Let's go to Lincraft and get a pattern. I've got stacks of polar fleece at home; I'll make you one".
So, the pattern is cut out........

And, I have been busy doing a few little things for the shop and for friends as well.

I haven't been posting much lately, my apologies, but life is getting in the way at the moment!

I hope you are all well? Kathryn. XX

15 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wow... love it Kathryn. The colour and mottled effect is terrific. I especially like that it is personalised art that means something to both of you.

Life does get a bit hectic at times. Hope all is going well with the house.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Real Life has a way of getting in the way1 lol!
Love your artwork...It'll work so well with your Picadilly circus pic and all.
Getting a real theme happening there Mrs K.
Looks like you have been very busy all round creating.
Dressing gowns are things that breed in my home each kid has like...5!
My MIL nad Mum seem obsessed with buying them! lol!

Unknown said...

Love the travel board what a great idea . $35.00 for a dressing gown that they won't fit in next year !!! A mum made one will be much nicer anyway .

marie said...

Love the sign Kathryn ~ such a great idea. I like the two different sizes for the font.

What a special treat for Master 9 ~ having it made by you will make it an especially warm dressing gown!
I think I'll have a peek at your shop now.
Have a joy-filled day!

Jan said...

Sorry to be a copycat, Kathryn, but I will HAVE to do both of these projects. Love the art work and definitely need a new dressing gown (which I can take when we go to Asia and Europe in July). Great inspirations, thank you!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Brilliant personalised art work! It looks so effective in the red and black.

Antique Rose Designs said...

Love that sign great colours also love your chair makeover. I need to pull my finger out and get a few things done around here too. Take care Carol

Annie said...

Lovely to make memories - good luck with the dressing gown and I missed you tonight.

mariondee-designs said...

What a great travel board! You certainly got around! I'm tempted to make one too.. lol. but will be at the bottom of my list unfortunately. Looks like you've been busy..lovely creations,, good girl! take care, Maryann ps must be going nuts.. just typed in word verification in the word verification box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pink Poodle said...

Dear Kathryn...thanks so much for feeling inspired by my "art" work..

Yours is a thousand times better & much more professional..

It looks awesome...

have a lovely sunny weekend..gorgeous weather...off to tennis now!!

xx andrea

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Looks fantastic,well done! Check out the tram rolls on my blog you wont believe the price on them lol.
alicia

SG said...

Loved the idea for the art work!

Katrina said...

I love the artwork! That looks really good. I am sure I could even attempt that one! Where are you putting it? xx

Purple Pam said...

Life does get in the way sometimes. It looks like you are very busy.

AMIT said...

Great work done by you.Thanks for sharing it.

home based data entry