Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Simplicity 1808...pants

YES! Bring on the Spring wardrobe!!! No more black for me....
 
I bought Simplicity 1808 months ago, when Spotlight had Simplicity patterns on sale for $5, and from the moment I saw it I just had to make the pants.
But what's not to like about the jacket, the knit top and the knit dress too?
Mix and Match comfort pieces is a winner in my book. 
 
Since making up the pants I have seen this style in the shops, in catalogues and blogs but in some really great prints.
I made them up in a very light weight denim; they crease quite a bit but I'm OK with that.
The elasticated waist is wonderfully comfy. I love the construction of the pockets and the instructions were easy to follow.
If I made them again I would omit the front ties, I had to stitch them down to make it sit nicely - otherwise they'd bulge and nobody wants a bulge if they don't have to right?
 The back is not all that appealing (could be my derrier!) but I'll be wearing a top over it so it won't be a drama.
I would definitely make these again, perhaps in a crazy print?
Kathryn. xx

 

2 comments:

Kate said...

I like those and that pattern, nice job on them.

thornberry said...

They look great! And yes, do make them again in a crazy print!