Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just in the nick of time.....

This little cutie arrived yesterday just in time for me to organise all the provisions for the quilt I am making this weekend at the quilting retreat. I was amazed it arrived so quickly from the USA. I ordered it (from here on sale for $16 US!) on Thursday and it arrived on Tuesday. How incredible is that! It is from the Moda Bake Shop by April Cornell and the fabric is called Spring Magic. I think it will be lovely in the "Triple Irish Flower Quilt" I have planned. Lots of pretty pinks and greens and, of course, roses.
This is another quilt on the go from the "Darla" range of fabrics by Tanya Wheelan. I love the brighter pallet of these fabrics.
And here is the Stacked Coins Quilt, I started ages ago from my scraps, pinned and ready to be quilted on the weekend.
And here is something actually finished and in the Etsy shop now....The Princess Cushion- Rose.
I have so many things planned for the weekend, I hope I can get at least one thing finished to show you....in between the laughing, talking and carrying on I expect to be going on....
2 more sleeps....
Kathryn. XX

23 comments:

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Now you are really making me want to get back into quilting, great to do on a cold winters night.
Your doing a grat job there Kathryn, enjoy your weekend at the retreat.

Lyn xxx

Jodie said...

Everything looks great!!! I love the cushion, just gorgeous!!! Have fun at your quilt retreat this weekend can't wait to see what you create with you new bargain bundle from the US, talk about speedy service, if you had of bought that online from AUS you'd be still wating for it... LOL!!

Take Care
Jodie :)

blushing rose said...

That cushy is adorable!! What a clever idea. Love the quilts too
TTFN ~ Marydon

rachelmp said...

I..can't...wait!!! Very cute makes too Kathryn.

Unknown said...

Sew pretty! :)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I'm so envious of your sewing girls weekend away. Even if you don't finish any of your projects I bet you will still have a great time.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Bernadette said...

I am sooo unhappy I can't make the weekend away. As it's turned out I am sick anyway so it's probably better for all not to catch anything! Love the stacked coin quilt. I have had some 1930's fabric in the stash for about a year now for an irish chain quilt, it will be my second one so can't wait to see yours. Have a great time I will be thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Love love love them!! I can't wait to see your completed projects.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend - hope it's really productive......and fun!

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Wow! Thanks for the link to the sale- I would just love to own one of those roles. I hope you have an absolute blast at the retreat- I can't wait to see photos!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your princess cushion is just gorgeous! Enjoy your retreat - love all your projects - hope you make some great progress.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn,
Love the new fabrics. Fab delivery time aswell. Your quilt is going to look beautiful. The new princess cushion is really cute as well.
~S~ xxx

Renee said...

gorgeous projects! The cushion is very sweet!

Annie said...

Gorgeous fabric Shabby - I love the stacked coins - I think I'll make one of those!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Nive fabrics...nice things made... have fun creating!!

Hen said...

Hope you have a great weekend, Kathryn. I can understand how excited you must feel, indulging in a whole weekend of sewing - bliss! Your quilts are looking fabby. I really like the Darla range because it's quite a modern take on traditional florals (if that makes sense?!)
Hen x

Antique Rose Designs said...

Just had a look at the fabrics in that roll and they are so pretty the quilt is going to look gorgeous can't wait to see it. Love the other quilts you are working on. Have fun. Carol

Unknown said...

You really make the prettiest things . What great service from the USA .

marie said...

Beautiful fabrics...every one of them! The pillow is so sweet.

Have a super fabulous time this weekend!

ittybittyandpretty said...

you make THE prettiest things. that cushion is really nice.
%*_*%

Mila said...

Simply gorgeous! I adore pink & green colors fabrics and your cushion is very PRINCESS CUSHION :)!
Have a great time,
Mila :)

Mrs Jelly said...

Mmmm ... love that jelly roll.
You've been tagged - see my blog for details

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.