Friday, July 11, 2008

Some loveliness for myself..

It's not often I make things for myself.
So with the munchkins away for a few days I couldn't resist treating myself for a change.
Well, remember this beautiful, and oh so vintage style, fabric by Cath Kidston which arrived on my door last week?
Well, I have chopped into it and made some beauties for myself.
Here they are....

I have Posy to thank for the insipration behind this little brooch cushion...

I needed another bag..yeah right!
I already have about 15...BUT... a girl can never have too many bags in her life! I'm sure there are plently of women out there with more than 15 but, to me, that does sound like rather a lot?
I nearly chucked out my "black" bag last week because I couldn't find my keys in the abyss....so, this one has plently of pockets. It also has a magnetic snap closure and just one strap so it sits nicley at waist level.
(If anyones wants one similar just email me for a custom order - that is, if you get in quick enough before I use the rest of this delicious shabby fabric!!!)
This is the start of a tres shabby chic cushion.
The surrounding fabric is from Spotlight.
Whilst browsing the other day it popped out at me and I had to have it - it is such a good match. They had other colours that would go equally well with a lot of Cath Kidston's other fabric designs too.
He Hemmm..Excuse me while I go and seperate my two warring children.. Yes, they are back!!!
Until next time.
Kathryn.

5 comments:

Erna said...

that brooch cushion is sooo good idea and it turned out lovely in that fabric! good to have your kids back!! and eh 15 bags sounds quite much I think...I have ' only' 3 or 4 but I change with the seasons...(buy new ones every seasons lol)

Natasha Burns said...

oh what beautiful things you've made with that divine Kidston fabric!!! LOVING that bag you made and the brooch cushion is too cute!

Kate said...

You are right - you can never have too many bags!

The Pink Poodle said...

FANTASTIC BAG...LOVE CATH KIDSTON FABRIC AND ALL OTHER STUFF...VERY CLEVER...WISH i COULD SEW..AND ENJOY YOUR KIDS..AS THEY GROW UP SOOO FAST...SON LOVES THE JAPANESE DOLLS ..SO SHALL GET ONTO PURCHASING SOON..AS HE LEAVES EARLY SEPT..TAKE CARE...HAPPY SEWING..ANDREA

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad to see you made some things for yourself! I love the bag - so pretty and feminine. The brooch cushion is a great idea, and a lovely way to display the ones you aren't wearing.